Syracuse Children’s Chorus will be beginning the first fundraiser of the year in late October. This year, in addition to our traditional poinsettia sale, we will be selling Delta Sonic car wash and interior clean tickets.
These fundraisers are an important part of the SCC budget, and are used to cover operating expenses not covered by tuition. All choristers are expected to participate in these fundraisers, as is outlined in the SCC Handbook and the Enrollment & Tuition Agreement that you signed when you registered your child for the season. Each chorister is asked to raise $100 in profit during the fall.
- We earn $6.45 for each poinsettia sold.
- We earn $6 for each Delta Sonic ticket sold.
- If you sell a total of 17 items, you will have reached $100 in profit.
If you would prefer to not participate in a fundraiser at this time, SCC offers families the opportunity to buy out their fall fundraising obligation for $100. If you plan to participate in the buyout, you must communicate this information to the SCC office by November 8 and submit a check made out to Syracuse Children’s Chorus on the due date for your child’s group.
Fundraising materials were distributed to choristers at rehearsal on October 23rd and 25th. If your child missed rehearsal that day, please contact Deirdre to obtain the materials. Please read the instructions for each sale carefully. Please also be aware of the following information that applies to both sales.
- Payment is due when the order is placed. Cash or checks for the entire amount due should be collected at that time.
- Checks should be made payable to Syracuse Children’s Chorus.
- We are a tax-exempt organization. DO NOT COLLECT SALES TAX.
- All order forms and payment are due on the following dates:
- Preludio and Chorale: Monday, November 13
- Kantorei and YME: Wednesday, November 15
- Filled orders will be available for pickup on December 2, 2017 at the dress rehearsal at Most Holy Rosary church.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the fundraiser.